Adventure begins when you break the surface.
We play, learn, & lead with waters spilling from the Virginia Piedmont.
Come Join Us 💧 The water is fine.
14, 15, 16-June-2019
SCUBA Camp. We took the weekend to drive to Lake Phoenix. We set up camp on Saturday and dove and swam on Sunday. Our tents and hammocks worked great it the best weather of the year. Our food was outstanding, even after Skipper left hotdogs at home. We had some hiccups, but it all worked out. Congrats to our first time campers.
Camping gear plus rented SCUBA gear | Dinner: Yakisoba 焼きそば and S'mores. Breakfast: Eggs, Bacon, & stuff. Lunch: Burgers & Grilled Fries.
About Sea Scout Ship 2 / Adventure
We are friends from the community, Some of us are dual-registered in Scouts BSA troops.
Our Chartered Organization
Ship 2 is chartered by Centerline Pelorus Consulting. Huzzah! Each adult advisor is approved by Centerline.
Sea Scouts BSA is unique in that "[m]ore trust and responsibility [is] placed on a Sea Scout than all other programs combined. We challenge them to learn, lead, and pit their skills, ability and judgement against the most dangerous environment humans dare to go."
-- Christopher Russell Davis
Ship 2 Character
- Everybody can have Fun
- Water is a regular thing (sail, scuba, canoe, kayak, swim, etc.)
- The big trip happens / high adventure happens
- Training is part of the culture
- Disagreements don’t become battles
- We get big arguments out of the way first
- We plan for Succession and Continuity
Sea Scout Promise
As a Sea Scout, I promise to do my best:
- to guard against water accidents,
- to know the location and proper use of the lifesaving devices on every boat I board,
- to be prepared to render aid to those in need,
- to seek to preserve the motto of the sea: Women and Children First.