Adventure begins when you break the surface.
We play, learn, & lead with waters spilling from the Virginia Piedmont.
Come Join Us 💧 The water is fine.
Corona-cancelled is the theme of the country.
We are responding to by holding remote meetings using Zoom web-conferencing.
STAY HEALTHY. STAY SAFE. BE PREPARED.
SLEET 2020 was a blast with eight (8) from Ship 2 attended the regional training weekend. Can't wait until NEXT YEAR where we will take dodgeball and cards.
Upcoming Ship Meetings via https://zoom.com. Contact Skipper for the URL.
- 16-Mar-2020 Meeting 20:00-21:00 EST
- 19-Mar-2020 Meeting 20:00-21:00 EST
- 23-Mar-2020 Meeting 20:00-21:00 EST
- 26-Mar-2020 Meeting 20:00-21:00 EST
- 30-Mar-2020 Meeting 20:00-21:00 EST
- 02-Apr-2020 Meeting 20:00-21:00 EST
- 06-Apr-2020 Meeting 20:00-21:00 EST
- 09-Apr-2020 Meeting 20:00-21:00 EST
About Sea Scout Ship 2 / Adventure
We are friends from the community, Some of us are dual-registered in Scouts BSA troops.
Our Chartered Organization
Ship 2 is chartered by Centerline Pelorus Consulting. Huzzah! Each adult advisor is approved by Centerline.
Sea Scouts BSA is unique in that "[m]ore trust and responsibility [is] placed on a Sea Scout than all other programs combined.
We challenge them to learn, lead, and pit their skills, ability & judgement against the most dangerous environment humans dare to go."
-- Christopher Russell Davis
Adventure looks different to everyone. To some, it might be a simple as a camping trip, or it could mean a journey around the world.
Amelia Earhart simply stated that adventure is worthwhile within itself. I can get behind that. Sure. But, you honestly can't really define adventure for yourself until you've wrestled with it -- until it's beat you down, and then picked you back up again.
I believe that true adventure exists beyond what you think is safe or obtainable. That's where you see miracles happen, where you get smacked by the harsh reality of the present.
Yvon Chouinard is famous for saying, "It's not adventure until something goes wrong." Without mistakes, or conflict, or breakdowns, your story will simply be boring.
I believe that adventure is the distance between the present and the fulfillment of your dreams. How you navigate the in-between is the great unknown.
-- Clay Croft, Expedition Overland
Ship 2 Character
Sea Scout Promise
As a Sea Scout, I promise to do my best:
- to guard against water accidents,
- to know the location and proper use of the lifesaving devices on every boat I board,
- to be prepared to render aid to those in need,
- to seek to preserve the motto of the sea: Women and Children First.